After having conquered OSCP 2 years ago, I felt the need to tackle a new challenge. The obvious successor which came to my mind was OSCE.
I had struggled with OSCP because of the lack of preparation before the lab period. However, this time I intend to prepare well before enrolling for CTP. At this point I only have little knowledge about stack based buffer overflows, which I learnt during PWK.
After reading some blog posts by people who are done with CTP, I have decided I will be completing at least the following before enrolment :
- Assembly Language and Shellcoding on Linux x86_64 by Pentester Academy
- Exploiting Simple Buffer Overflows on Win32 - Pentester Academy
- Topics mentioned in the official syllabus (https://www.offensive-security.com/documentation/cracking-the-perimeter-syllabus.pdf)
- Corelan Series and FuzzySecurity Series
- Other videos/resources on the same.
This post is to keep my self accountable, as well as to track my progress.